Sunday, December 1, 2013

A rite of passage?

So IT finally happened - a black toe nail!
Before you ask, yes I was professionally fitted for my shoes, they are half a size bigger, etc, etc. What I don't understand is that I have been wearing them for 5 months and they have never caused any problems before. So I don't know what caused it, except maybe running 9.5 miles??
But after running 9.5 miles a week ago, I had a pretty purple blister form under my nail... it started off small and got bigger and bigger and turned black. It hurt like heck for the first couple of days.

I read up on it and there's basically nothing I can do at this point. the blister will go away on it's own and the nail may eventually fall off and a new one will grow in. I've never lost a toe nail before, but I have lost a finger nail.
And some even consider it a rite of passage as a long distance runner. So I guess it's proof I worked hard for those 9.5 miles?



No comments:

Post a Comment