Sunday, December 29, 2013

Running Au-some

I am sad to say that I haven't run in exactly 1 week. If you know me, you know I'm not one to slack, so let me explain myself.
Normally I run Tuesday, Thursday & Sunday. Last Tuesday was Christmas Eve and I would not have the time to fit a run in, and I haven't missed a run since Tink training began, so I decided to give myself a pass & skip that run 'just this one time'.  But then on Christmas day I came down with an awful cold. And I was unable to get my Thursday run in. This cold has kicked my butt!
But I woke up feeling somewhat better today so I decided to give it a try. I knew it was going to be rough but it was just plain awful. I'm still so stuffed up that I could barely breathe and had to keep stopping to walk. My overall pace was 12:30 a minute. My normal pace is 10:30-11 a minute so that 12:30 pace really hurt! Plus, I gave up after about 2 miles, there was no way I was making it to 4 miles. My body was telling me it just wasn't ready to get back out there yet.
I will try again on Tuesday.

However, I did earn this cute little Running Au-some surfboard medal. I love hibiscus flowers (even have a tattoo of them on my back). So even though it was a rough run, I still earned some cute bling.
And yes... the picture of me is all bundled up in my bathrobe and blanket after my run. that's the best picture I could get right now. lol


No comments:

Post a Comment