Sunday, December 8, 2013

If the shoe fits...RUN! Classic Beauty


Today I ran my longest run to date - 11 miles. Say what? You heard me... 11 miles! In the cold, none the less!
I finished the 12th week of my half marathon training and there is only 6 weeks to go before my first half marathon.

I carb loaded for the first time yesterday. I did a lot of research on it & figured "what did I have to lose". Hmmm, apparently all I had to lose was minutes... OFF MY TIME! 2 weeks ago when I ran 9.5 miles, I finished it in 1:47:24. And today, when I hit the 9.5 mark, I checked my time and I was only at 1:44:46 - I had shaved about 3 minutes off my time. YEAH!
I finished the 11 miles strong at 2:01:15 with a pace of 11:00 exactly. Heck yes!  Only 2.1 miles more would put me aprox at 2:23:10 for a half marathon. wow!
I never got tired or sluggish and I didn't hit a wall. I felt great... it felt like I FLEW through those 11 miles. And usually after my long runs, I feel sluggish/tired for the rest of the day, but so far (it's now 4pm and my run was at 8am this morning) I am feeling energetic and great!
I think I like this carb loading idea!


And because today I earned the last medal in the If the shoe fits...RUN! Princess set 1, I got to proudly display all 4 medals!


No comments:

Post a Comment