Sunday, December 8, 2013

Running is a Winter Sport!

Remember the pictures of the awesome medals I shared with you a few days ago?!
Well, I earned the 5k/10k one today!

Since my run was 11 miles (which is more than a 5k & 10k combined) I decided that it counted for BOTH distances on the medal! I more than earned this medal!

The weather was a cool 23 degrees. Starting out was a little rough, but by a mile in, I was nice & toasty warm.
I carb loaded for the first time yesterday (testing it out for my first half marathon which is 6 weeks way) and I have to say that it really helped! I soared through those 11 miles, never got tired, sluggish or hit a wall.  I had set a goal for 2 hours & 6 minutes and ended up finishing in 2 hours and 1 minute! I exceeded my own expectations and it felt amazing!!

My 5k time was 33:16 - not a PR, but still a good solid time for me.
And my 10k time was 1:06:53... very close to a PR. I missed it by about 45 seconds, but still one of the best 10k times for me, so I'll take it!

I honestly hate being cold and I hate cold weather. A few months ago, if you had said I would be running ELEVEN miles in the cold, I would have thought you were crazy. But I did it! And I made it look easy!
Running can indeed be a winter sport!  I even had this pretty bib to print & wear for my run!



And of course it helped that I got to earn this amazing medal!





I will be earning the 13.1 medal next! I can't wait to add that beauty to my collection.



As usual these medals from Jost Running are stunningly beautiful. And actually, each new one seems to outdo the one before it, if that is even possible!  I'm sure they put alot of hard work into these designs and it pays off! And the quality of the medals is absolutely top notch!

When I was done with my race, I submitted my results to Jost Running so that they could add my results to their leader board (found on their website) 
Right now I'm standing strong at #7!





Here's my collection of Jost Running medals so far. I have the other September Soaring medal (yellow & green plane, you can see my previous post for pics) that I let my son hang on his medal rack.


Don't forget to use the code "Countdown" to get 10% off the "In with the New Year" race from Jost Running.  I bet it will be a real beauty!
And they even have gift certificates, so why not give the gift of a race to someone you love... or maybe ask Santa to put one in your stocking ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment