Tuesday, December 3, 2013

If the shoe fits...RUN! Arabian Nights

With the time change,  we all know it gets darker earlier. I don't mind running in the cold, but I don't feel safe running outside in the dark alone. So I decided to join a local gym for the next few months. I hate hate hate running on the treadmill (aka DREADmill), but earning some bling helps it be more enjoyable for sure!

Tonight I ran a 3 mile maintenance run on the treadmill. Nothing major to report about a treadmill run. We all know how it goes - you turn the machine on & go... there's no fun new route or pretty scenery to take in. It's dull & boring, but it's safer than the alternative right now, so I do what I have to do.

But at the end of my run, I earned this pretty medal - Arabian Nights, and it made it all worth it! And I even got into the spirit just a little bit by wearing some "jasmine" inspired colored running clothes today - blue & turquoise, it seemed appropriate!


No comments:

Post a Comment