Sunday, December 22, 2013

Jingle Romp

Today, I ran 12 miles. It was unseasonily warm for Dec 22nd - 60 degrees out but humid as ever!  The humidity pretty much killed my good pace so I ended up finishing 5 minutes slower than what I was hoping for. I guess it was natures way of saying "here's one last humid practice run before Princess."

I am having a lot of mixed emotions right now. 2 weeks ago when I did 11 miles, I felt confident that I was ready. But today, after doing 12, I don't feel confident at all. I don't even feel proud that I ran 12 miles.... I'm just feeling blah and I think I'm starting to get burnt out so I'm going to start tapering. In 2 weeks, I should be doing 14 miles, but I think I'm only going to do 10.

Anyway, I ran this 12 miles in honor of the Jingle Romp - a Christmas Minions run because my kids LOVE the Minions!
And I wasn't really in the mood to take a picture of myself with the medal, so here's what you get..


No comments:

Post a Comment