Monday, February 4, 2013

PO Day 14

Last night, I pulled the tape off my stomach. A big section on the end at one side had come off... I was just going to cut it off but it started to pull off the rest of the way pretty easily, so I took it all off. The scar underneath looks really good! Not as lumpy & bumpy as my arms. I had another doctor's appointment today. There is 1 spot on my upper right arm that is really hard. I thought maybe my muscles were swollen. I massaged it last night & it seemed to get smaller. But it's preventing me from being able to lay my arm flat against my body. Anyway... I mentioned that to him & he felt the area. he thinks it could be a pocket of fluid (especially since that is the side that swelled really bad). He's going to leave it alone for now & if it's still there at my next appointment, he will drain it. Speaking of my next appointment - as long as everything contiues to go well and I don't have any problems, I don't have to go back to see him for 2 weeks!! That's Feb 19th. Yay! But he said everything looks great - all the incisions are healing well. the swelling in my stoamch is going down. I told him that it seems like in the morning the swelling is pretty much gone but then throughout the day it swells back up. I really hate that... makes me look/feel like I'm 4 months pregnant. lol. but he said that's totally normal. And I've noticed something kind of weird.... my feet swell towards the end of the day too. My right foot was swollen for a few days after my surgery (which is the same side as my really swollen hand/arm). So I'm thinking I must still have alot of water retention going on. =/ Let's see.... I don't have to wear the binder/girdle thing anymore. But honestly, I haven't worn it since Friday. I didn't tell him that though. lol And he said it would be fine for me to start walking for exercise. But NO aerobics, jumping around or using my arms. woo hoo!! But ofcourse, now that I'm allowed to walk, it's way too cold out to walk outside. And I don't have a treadmill. I'll have to figure something out I wore a bra for the firs ttime today since the surgery. it is pretty uncomfortable since it rubs up against the scars under my arm pits. =/

No comments:

Post a Comment