Thursday, March 28, 2013

PO Day 41 - Before & Now measurements

Here are my before surgery measurementsWeight - 148 ( I ate bad that week before my surgery so I was a little higher than lowest weight to date)

Arms - 12.25 Left, 12.25 Right
Upper stomach - 27
Mid stomach (belly button level) - 27
lower stomach (hip level)- 37.5


Measurements on 1/27  - 5 days after surgery

Arms - 12.5 left, 12.5 right  (both are +.25)
Upper stomach - 29 (+2)
Mid stomach - 34 (+7)
Lower stomach - 39.5 (+2)

As you can see, I gained a ton of inches after surgery - was really upset about it, but then I had to remind myself about all the swelling. At this point, my weight was up by 9 pounds (157!) as well! All those dang fluids & swelling



Measurements on 2/8
Saw a huge dip in the scale - down to my lowest weight to date (146), so I knew that alot of the swelling was going away so decided to take my measurements on that day. Still not what I was hoping they'd be...

Arms - 12 left, 12 right  (both are -.25)
Upper stomach - 28  (+1)
Mid stomach - 33 (+6)
lower stomach - 38 (+.5)

And then my measurements today 3/7
I've been struggling with the scale - going up & down a couple of pounds. Today I'm 147. 

Arms - 11 left, 11 right  (both are - 1.25) yay, finally!
Upper stomach - 27 (0.... back to where I was before surgery)
Mid stomach - 31.5 (+4.5 still up)
Lower stomach - 37.25 (-.25)

Finally something (my arms) are measuring smaller than before I had surgery! PHEW! I was begining to get really worried there. And my upper & lower stomach is back to what they were before (with my lower stomach being just a tad smaller than before). My mid stomach is STILL  4.5 inches more than it previously was. kind of discouraged about that, but it's still in the early healing process (it can take up to 12 months).   That's where the most swelling still seems to be plus my belly button doesn't draw me in so much like it did before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment