Saturday, February 2, 2013

PO Day 12

Every day seems to get better! Slowly starting to feel more 'normal'. Although I know it will be awhile long before things are 100% back to normal. The thing I hate the most is my sleeping position -I have to sleep on my back with my legs elevated... I hate sleeping on my back! I prefer my side or stomach. And also, I hate how stiff I feel each morning. It takes awhile to get moving in the morning due to the stiffness, but it's usually gone in about an hour or so. Now that I'm able to move around a little better, I've beent showering daily and it doesn't take as long. That makes a world of difference! I wore a "real" shirt today (as opposed to tank tops I have been wearing) and it was still a little tight on my arms, but it was sooo baggy around my mid section! Can't wait to buy new clothes! I measured my stomach again today & the numbers just don't match up to what I was measuring before. they're actually MORE now than before. So odd since I had skin taken OFF. But then I tried on a pair of my jeans. The button almost didn't close (sob). I know, I know, give it time. But really, that's not the point of this. The jeans fit me completely differently. Like it hit in different places than it did before. I don't know how to describe it or if this will make sense.... but my belly button used to hold my stomach in... like it was pulled or sucked in from the inside by a piece of string. But now that my belly button is "fake" (since he cut out the other one to 'release' that skin down) and just kind of there for show... it's not attached to anything inside of me so it doesn't pull my stomach in. So I think that could be why my inches are different now... my shape has just changed. Yes, it's flat now, but it's different than before. I wasn't expecting it to be like that & the first time I saw my stomach I was upset by it... but over the last few days I've come to terms with it & I like the way it looks, although I would like to to be a little less 'fluffy'... but i'll just have to work on that eventually. lol. But anyway... I'm rambling. haha. The point I'm trying to make is... I guess when I try to measure in the same spot as I did prior to surgery, ofcourse the numbers are going to be different since it's shaped differently now. and that's probably why my pants fit differently. at least that's what I'm trying to believe. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment