Monday, June 27, 2011

Why is it so hard???

Why is potty training so hard?
We started training Mama's boy on Saturday. He had about a 50% success rate that first day. He sat on the potty willingly & was very excited about going on the potty. He was even sad when he got his undies wet and didn't want to put a diaper on to go to bed. he wanted his undies!!!
Then on Sunday, he went pee in the potty all day & only had damp undies one time.   First thing in the morning, he came into my room & told me he was up and I put him right on the potty and he went!!  He went poop (a little) in the potty once.... but then had a HUGE poopy accident in his undies.  A few times I didn't even have to tell him to sit on the potty... he would just get on it himself & go!! Overall it was a better day than the first.
That brings us to today. I thought it would be smooth sailing today but it seems like he actually regressed a little. He fought me most of the time & didn't want to sit on the potty (even though I knew he had to go).  He didn't have any pee accidents today, but that's because I made him sit on the potty... if it had been up to him, he wouldn't have initiated it. He also did not poop on the potty, Instead, he waited until he had his diaper on for naptime & went then. I think part of the reason why he fought me so much today is that he needed to poop & didn't want to go on the potty.
It just seems like we take 2 steps forward & 1 step back. =/


guess I never realized how easy I had it with my oldest. He went poop on the potty the 2nd time we put him on there (by accident, I think) and after that, he was fine pooping on the potty & never pooped in his pants again. He was trained within 4 days and it just seemed so easy.
But this time around, I'm not so lucky. Mama's boy is difficult with everything though & I have to remind myself that. He's very resistant to change (just like me!), he's a Taurus & very stubborn like a bull! It was hard to break him of the bottle, but we stuck with it & eventually it happened. So this will happen too, we just have to give it time & keep being consistant & it will happen. 

1 comment: