Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 6

I guess I should do a little update on Mama's Boy's potty training.
Today was day 6 and I am extremely happy to announce that he has not had any daytime accidents (except for naptime, which I don't really count at this early stage) in 2 days! He has been doing so well knowing when he has to go pee & will sometimes go on the potty without me asking if he needs to use it.
Poop is still an issue =/  Yesterday he went poop on the potty. It was a major surprise, I didn't even know he had pooped til he got off the potty. And there it was! LOL.  I showered him with tons of praise & even gave him a special snack and kept saying over & over how great it was and telling him that's what big boys do. But I guess it still didn't sink in =/
Last night, he was outside playing on the deck. My husband was watching him (or apparently not watching him) while he was doing some work around the yard & when he went to check on him, he found a huge pile of poop on the deck & Mama's boy was playing as if nothing had happened & he even told my husband he had to pee.  it had not been there when they first went outside so we're assuming that it came from Mama's boy, but he's not admitting to it, so it remains a mystery.

And then today, he pooped in his undies during nap time. And I had a heck of a time trying to take off his undies & not get the mushy poop eveywhere. It was so gross, I wanted to throw up. lol.

I took the kids to the park this morning & I was a little worried that he would pee in his undies while we were there, but I wanted to test him.  He passed! He didn't pee in his undies & when we were leaving, he told me he had to go. Luckily, I was smart enough to take the potty with us (I need to get one to keep in the car so I don't have to keep taking the one from the house.... especially with Donkey's summer soccer games starting next week)

So he's doing awesome with peeing on the potty but he's still having issues with pooping. I know we'll get there... just gotta take it day by day.

No comments:

Post a Comment