Monday, September 30, 2013

It's a bird, No, it's a plane!! Soaring 10k!

On Sept 22nd, during a training run I ran my Jost Running "September Soaring 10k".
Now, I actually had to run more than 6.2 miles. An 8 mile run was on my training schedule for that day.  So the first 6.2 miles went towards my Soaring 10k and then rest was just icing on the cake! I was running a tad slower than I normally do, but I soared through the first 6.2 miles in 1:10:01... pretty cool time, right?

I had a cool personalized bib to wear.





When I got home, I submitted my results to Jost Running so that my name could be placed on their website. Remember from last month - this is probably my favorite part since I'm competitive and like to see where I finish.
Right now I'm representing the middle of the pack at #8.





Today, my medal arrived. I tore open the package like a little kid on Christmas and out slid not one, but 2 pretty airplane medals.
The team at Jost Running, once again, sent me both the medals for the 5k/10 which is the blue & white plane and the 1/2 & full marathon which is the yellow & green plane. And a sweet note too!
Check out these beauties!



The 5k/10k medal, which is the one I earned, is white with pretty blue & red glitter.
The 1/2 & full marathon medal is all glitter - yellow, green & red.
They are both very well made, just like the medals in the previous month. And I love the added touch this time around of the customized ribbons - they both say "Jost Running Soaring 2013"
These medals definitely do not disappoint!





My son saw the medals and was eyeing the yellow/green one (green is his favorite color)  so I let him try it on.  






He likes to run with me so he has a few medals of his own. He thought this one was very cool and guess where the green one ended up? You guessed it - his medal rack. He won't be running a half marathon any time soon, but I'm definitely going to make him go for a run with me sometime soon to earn it! =)


Want a sneak peek of Jost Running's October medal? These look AMAZING and I can't wait to get my hands on it! Ever need a bottle opener but can't find one... that won't be a problem anymore =)





So what are you waiting for? Head over to www.Jostrunning.com to sign up for your Oktoberfest medal. And use the code Carbload to get 15% off! ENJOY =)

No comments:

Post a Comment