Sunday, October 27, 2013

Beware - ZOMBIES!!


Today I ran the Spooner 10k. It was a Halloween themed race & they also had a Spooky 5k. We were encouraged to dress up, which I gladly did. It was another opportunity for me to try out a costume for the upcoming Disney races. I had already ran in a sparkle skirt, so this time I decided to try out my Megara costume. It was in the 40's at the start of the race, and I had bundled up in what I thought was appropriate. However, I soon found out that 2 layers of shirts and my costume would still be a bit too much. After about the first mile, I stopped to take off one of the shirts I had underneath my costume. that was a task and took me about 5 minutes of wriggling around to get it off. Needless to say, this would NOT be a PR race. Add that to the massive hill during the entire mile 3-4... yup, I was not getting a PR.

So instead, I decided to just slow down, take it easy & finish the race.
I finished the race in my worst 10k time to date, but it was still a good experience... one step closer to those Disney races!
It was a fun race, and I got a super cool shirt, but one that I probably won't do again. I tend to avoid hills like the plague.. once is enough for me!

Now, this Megara costume used to be huge on me. it was like an XL and I wore it when I was a size 20-22ish and it was long (to my feet). I took it in by like 6 inches on each side, cut it short and voila, a super cute running costume for the Enchanted 10k (and Spooner 10k!)




And because this race did not give a medal, I decided to earn my Zombieweek virtual race medal. It was a 5k distance, but it's a big medal (3 inches) and glows int he dark - I figured it was worthy of 6.2 miles.
NO, my skin isn't really green, I used a photo editor to make it green, but decided it was appropriate for that medal 




No comments:

Post a Comment