Sunday, October 20, 2013

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's....

SUPERMOM & SUPERSON, flying through the freaky 5k!!

Another great 5k with my oldest son is in the books.

I'm doing a costume 10k race next week to practice running in a costume and my son heard about it said he wanted to do one, but he's never run that far, so being the good mom that I am, I had to find a costume 5k for us.
The East Providence Fire Fighters Freaky 5k was awesome! The long sleeve (cotton) shirts rocked (see the picture of it below) and we got a cool, reuseable, hard plastic cup filled with candy. All that and the entry fee was only $20!
Then they had a huge spread of real bakery donuts... can we say YUM! They tasted amazing. Along with coffee, fruit (oranges, bananas, apples), etc.

The course had a few hills... you know how much I hate hills. lol. And the steepest one was at the end... don't you hate that?  But otherwise the entire course was marked with cones so we had a little lane to run in, there were police & fire fighters all over the course. They even had someone at each mile telling us the time.
The weather was beautiful - a tad chilly, but for late Oct, it was nice. I had no trouble running in my costume and found it to be good practice for the Disney races, but my son, who was wearing a costume with pants & long sleeves got a little hot during the last mile.

After we finished, they treated us to pulled pork sandwiches, chili and pizza. There was even a DJ playing songs.

I thought we were being somewhat original with our costumes. My son wanted to reuse his Superman costume from a few years ago and I got a matching superman shirt to wear with a team athletic sparkle skirt. But there were about 5 other superman, supergirl, superwoman, etc. Oh well!! Our favorite costumes that we saw others wearing were Mr. & Mrs. Pacman along with about 10 colored ghosts.

Overall, it was a wicked fun time and we will definitely be back for next year!


1 comment:

  1. You guys look cute! I just dressed up as Supergirl for the Disneyland Half Marathon. Glad you had fun. :)

    ReplyDelete