Thursday, October 10, 2013

5k PR!!

I has been a long, HOT summer. My previous PR for a 5k (3.1 miles) was achieved on June 20th and my time was 32:08. That's a pace of 10:22 minutes per mile.
Since that day, I have been trying super hard to break that record, but with the heat during the summer months, it just wasn't happening. For months, I couldn't even break the 11:00 min mile mark. Then towards the end of September, the cooler weather set in and slowly, my pace started to get better.
Until, FINALLY, I beat my 5k PR tonight! My first mile was 10:18.... second mile (which didn't feel any faster) was 10:03. And then... my last mile was 9:58. I couldn't believe it! I finished in 31:12, at a pace of 10:04 per mile. With negative splits!!! normally my first mile starts off fast and I get slower, this time it was the other way around until victory was achieved!!

Finally, all the sweat (literally) from the hot summer months... all those runs I had classified as "bad", had paid off!

I normally keep my virtual race medals for long runs, but I decided a long awaited PR deserved something special


No comments:

Post a Comment