Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pushing through the pain

I'm currently running 25 minutes (no stopping) 3 times a week. The first 15 minutes are fine, the next 5 are a little tough and then the last 5 I literally have to cheer myself on. But I manage to make it through each time. I'm proud of myself for sticking with it. Only 2 more weeks of the C25K program and I will be an official c25k graduate!
Yesterday I slammed my toe into a toy. My toe had a huge red gash across it & a bump/bruise on top. It throbbed painfully all day yesterday and I could hardly walk. I thought the pain might give me an excuse not to exercise today, but it didn't hurt all that bad today, so I decided to push through the pain and exercise. I'm glad I did. I always feel better after I exercise, even those times that it takes all my motivation and then some to get off my butt.
It does feel a little weird to be exercising today (Tuesday) though. For the last 6 weeks my exercise routine has been Mon, Wed & Fri. But Donkey goes to preschool on those days and the schedule was just getting to be way too grueling for me. Get all 3 kids out the door by 8:20, drop him off at school, put the 2 younger ones in the living room with things to keep them occupied. exercise for 40 minutes (walk 15, run 25). feed Princess. shower. feed myself & mama's boy lunch and then back out the door to pick up Donkey. I didn't have time to accomplish anything else on those days & I just felt like I was always on the go, go, go.
So now I'm exercising Sun, Tues & Thurs and it seems to be working out much better. On M,W,F I'm free to clean & play with Mama's Boy while Donkey's at school. And then on Tues & Thurs I can exercise without having to rush. 

Hopefully my hard work will pay off this week & the scale will be good to me. One can always hope, anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment