Monday, September 27, 2010

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

'Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' needs to be my new motto. I love food, how do you think I got to be overweight, by not eating? Wrong! I love food! But lately, whenever I give in to one of my "temptations", I end up regretting it later on because it usually ends up not tasting as good as I thought it would, and it's just not worth the extra calories and frustration. 
Take Saturday for example. I lost 1.6 pounds last week and on Saturday I decided to treat myself for my hard work. And ofcourse I used food as my reward - a great big chocolate chip cookie from Dunkin' Donuts. I took one bite & even though it was gross, I finished the cookie because that was my only 'treat' and I figured I might as well eat it.  So I ate 400 calories and didn't even enjoy what I was eating. What is wrong with me? I thought I was stronger then that. Old habits die hard. 
So ofcourse I take a peek at the scale today & even though I got myself back on track yesterday (Sunday) and even exercised (ran for 25 minutes), the scale shows a 2 pound gain since Saturday. Lesson learned scale, lesson learned... you can go back down now. 

I'm not going to let that cookie get the best of me. I AM stronger than that cookie or cake or brownie or whatever else comes my way. I have to come up with some new 'treats' for myself, ones that don't involve calories. And I need to form some new habits. Easier said then done! But it's time to get serious!

No comments:

Post a Comment