Monday, September 27, 2010

Addictions

I guess you could say I have an addictive personality. I'm addicted to food, if you couldn't already tell, but I think I've touched upon that enough & will continue to do so in future posts, so enough about food (damn, now I'm hungry). But I wanted to introduce you to some of my other addictions. 


Addiction #1 - All things girly - girl clothes, girl shoes, & ofcourse every girl has to have the bows to match, girl toys,  etc. This addiction is a recent one, as recent as 3 1/2 months when my precious Princess came into my life. Let's start with the girl clothes. I have a sick obsession to anything with polka dots, cupcakes, tulle and plaid. I am also drawn to the same color combos over & over again - pink and orange, pink and green (watermelon colors), pink and purple, & purple and blue. The Carter's brand is my number one choice for her clothes. And ofcourse, like I said, every outfit has to have a bow to match. I love the korker style bows - most of my bows come from Simply Elegant Bowtique. I think I drive her a little crazy with all my bow orders, but she makes super cute bows! Too bad Princess doesn't have much hair yet, so they usually get clipped to a headband. Someone said that she is going to have a permanent mark on her head from the headband.  Oh well, it's a small price to pay for looking pretty.
I find myself going to stores (Walmart, Target, Kohl's) weekly, just to see if they've changed their clothes selection. Most of the time, they haven't, but I'll be damned if I'm going to miss an opportunity to buy another outfit Princess will only wear once.  I've even started buying clothes in bigger sizes. She now has a wardrobe that will last her until she's 3... maybe even 4. She has 2 First Birthday outfits. Don't ask me what I'm going to do about that... maybe I'll have her change outfits halfway through the party. Or one can be for pictures & the other for the party? All I know is that I liked them both so much that I couldn't resist. 

And don't get me started on the girl toys. I already have a list of toys that I want to buy her for her 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc birthday.
Hey, after 2 boys, I think I deserve to go a little girly crazy!!



Addiction #2 - Facebook and all it's evil games. A.k.a the Evil Zynga Empire!! The games I actively play change every few months or so, based on how much time I have and how bored of a particular game I get. Right now I'm currently addicted to Farmville & Cafeworld, with a little Frontierville thrown in for good measure.  I have the alarm on my phone set to go off every time my crops need harvesting or food needs to be served. 
What's so great about a virtual farm or cafe anyway? Who knows, but those darn things have sucked me in & it's hard to step away from them. Go ahead, laugh at my geekyness, but you know your'e addicted to the damn games too! 


Addiction #3 - Pictures, pictures & more pictures. Yeah, I'm one of those people that still get pictures printed & put them into albums. I currently have about 15 albums filled with pictures of my kids and my oldest is only 4. I think it's about time to build a room just for my pictures!


Addiction #4 - Exercise. And ofcourse this is a direct result of my addiction to food. They go hand in hand if I want to lose weight. I never would have thought I could be addicted to exercise, I mean, isn't that something that most people dread doing? And yeah, at first, I dreaded doing it too. But I guess after following a strict exercise regiment for 7 weeks, it starts to grow on you. Now I actually look forward to getting beat up by my treadmill. And I can't wait to get my ass kicked by my Firm videos, which I will start incorporating into my routine very soon.

I guess it could be worse... 

No comments:

Post a Comment