Sunday, November 24, 2013

If the shoe fits...RUN! Wishing for Sun

There is a 3 part series called "If the shoe fits...RUN" and there is the Princess set 1, Princess set 2 and the Villains Edition. Each set consists of 4 shoes representing a character and each has a cute, catchy little name.

Today I earned the first medal in the Princess set 1 by running 9.5 miles! My longest run to date! It was a cold day (20 degrees) and extremely windy so I thought it was appropriate to earn the "Wishing for Sun" medal because I was definitely wishing for warmer weather.

Normally, I like to run alone, but my friend joined me on this run.  It took us 1 hour & 47 minutes so I was glad to have his company. The first mile was pretty brutal in the cold & wind, but once we warmed up a little, it wasn't that bad. It seemed like we made it to the halfway point pretty quickly, but after we turned around, my hip/side started to hurt. I tried to push through the pain and go as long as I could. We made it to about 8.5 miles and that's about where I wanted to stop. The pain was excrutiating and I just wanted to give up. My friend pushed me to keep going, even if we had to run 2 mins, walk 2 mins, etc... we were going to finish. And we did!
He kept me going at a good pace - normally I slow up a lot in the last few miles, but even with us walking a little more in the last mile, we still finished with a great overall pace of an 11:18 minute mile. That's a pretty good pace for me for a long run, so I was pleased with that time.


No comments:

Post a Comment