Sunday, August 4, 2013

Princess challenge accepted!


Last month, I signed up for the Rapunzel medal from the Princess Challenge virtual race and it arrived in the mail a few days ago. Just in time for me to earn it this weekend!
After seeing the adorable, shiny medal I kind of wish I had chosen to do the entire set.

This morning I set out to do 7 miles, my longest run to date. It seemed like a good idea yesterday, but after eating & drinking a tad bit too much at a party last night, this morning it seemed like the worst idea possible.
But despite that, my first 3 miles splits were great - I came in under the 11 min mark for all of them. Lately, due to the heat, it has been hard for me to get under 11 mins so I was excited. However, when I reached the halfway point I started to slow down a little and by mile 5, I had hit a wall. It took all I had to push through those last two miles and I had to change my walk/run intervals from 4:1 to 2:30.  When I reached the 6.55 mile mark, I wanted to jump for joy - I had just finished a half of a half marathon! My goal is to run two half marathons at the beginning of next year so it felt really great to see that number!
I had hoped to finish in 1:21 and I finished in 1:20:18 so I beat my goal! My overall pace was 11:28. not too bad & I had done it! Finished my longest run to date!

And on top of that, I earned another awesome medal to add to my growing collection!

 Don't mind me - I'm looking like a hot sweaty mess in this picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment