Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Home Run Hot Dog Virtual 5K

Tonight I ran 3.1 miles... aka a 5k for the "Home Run Series" hot dog virtual race put on by Jost Running. This race benefits the ALS Association. Participants of this race have their choice of doing this run anywhere from August 4th through the 10th. I chose today because Tuesdays are my normal running day.



I got a super cool, personalize bib with my name on it, emailed to me last week, which I printed out to wear for my run. How fun is that??




Let me start off by saying that lately my pace has been pretty bad due to the hot weather, but today was surprisingly pretty cool so I decided to go for speed!  I finished my 3.1 miles in 33:06! I almost PR'd my 5k time. I was super excited!

I emailed my time in to Jost Running and to my surprise, they posted it on their website (jostrunning.com) just like a real race! As of right now I'm in 3rd place. I had to screen shot it as proof. Not sure if I'll still be in 3rd place by the end of the week, but I'll keep my fingers crossed! Normally  earning a medal is my favorite part of a virtual race, but I have to say, I really like seeing the results posted. It makes it more fun and more like a real race!



And did I mention that I'm going to be earning some super cool BLING for doing this race? That sparkly hot dog you see at the top... YUP, it's going to be mine soon! And once I finish stalking my  mailman for it, I'll post a picture of it, but for now, here's a picture of it from the jost running website.  I mean, who doesn't love a sparkly hot dog??




Overall I had a great time doing this run! I'll leave you with one last picture, for now. And at the end of the week, be sure to check back with me and I'll post the final standings for the race (keep your fingers crossed that I stay in 3rd) and to post a picture of me with my bling!






UPDATE (August 24) - My sparkly hot dog arrived today!
And imagine my (pleasant) surprise when  I opened my package and found a sparkly baseball for the half/full marathon in there as well! And wow, that one is a beauty! A sparkly white ring made to look like a baseball with a spinning (sparkly!) baseball field in the middle!

Both medals are very well made! I love how the ribbons are attached to them. They are both super blinged out with glitter and so sparkly! LOVE that!
I also received a super sweet note from Courtney at Jost Running =)




And as promised, here is a picture of me with my hot dog medal!!


And here's my final results from the race. Sadly, I did not stay in 3d place, but I'm quite pleased with my overall results, I finished in 7th place!



STAY TUNED! Because now I have a super sparkly baseball medal to earn! I don't do long enough runs to earn the half marathon all at once (YET!), so I will earn it after doing a few short runs over the next week or so!





No comments:

Post a Comment