Sunday, August 18, 2013

I'm running mad!!

An 8 mile run was on the schedule for today. So I dragged my butt out of bed at 6:42 am... 3 minutes before my alarm went off (surprisingly)  and off I went. The first 4 miles went by just fine. At the halfway point (4 miles), I turned around and that's when I started to lose steam. But I had 4 miles between myself and my car so I willed my legs to keep going. Yes, I could have walked back to my car but that would have taken longer.
Thankfully,  my legs worked just fine, but it was all a mental game from there on out. When I hit mile 6, I felt myself start to slow down and my last two miles were over a 12 min mile - something I dread! I like to keep below a 12 min mile. Butttttttttt..... I did it! I finished 8 miles in 1:31:50. A pace of 11:29 per mile. And that is now my longest run to date.

I also earned some pretty cool bling - Running Mad! The 3 distances on the medal are 3.1, 6.2 and 13.1.  But I decided that 8 miles would fit the bill of  'running mad', after all, only a crazy person would run 8 miles for fun. 




When I was done, I asked myself.... why am I doing this again??
Oh yeah... #TinkandPrincess, PinkC2C, and #Fortheloveofdisneyandbling



No comments:

Post a Comment