Monday, June 3, 2013

118 days PO

So I went to see my plastic surgeon today to  talk to him about that bulge I'm feeling in my lower belly. He was pretty sure it was a pocket of fluid, so he stuck a needle in there to drain it out. I thought it was going to be clear fluid like what he has drained out of my arms in the past but it was BLOOD! He said it's probably been sitting there since the surgery but I only noticed/felt it now because the swelling has gone down everywhere else around it. 
He drained 4 cc's of blood out of that area. But it still feels like there could be more in there. I have a follow up appoint in 2 weeks with him and he said if there's still more in there or  if it fills back up, he'll drain it again. So we'll see what happens between now & then. 

But it's good to know what it is, finally.  I told him that I'm going to be running a 1/2 marathon early next year and I'm training for it & that the area was bothering me on my run yesterday and he said "Don't worry, we'll have it all situated & fixed in plenty of time." I sure hope so!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment