Thursday, January 31, 2013

PO Day 8&9

Day 8 & 9 I forgot to post about my day yesterday. It was kind of a "normal" day... nothing too exciting. I had weird dreams the night before from the tylenol with codeine. I took one yesterday morning and it made me dizzy, so I stopped taking them too. Now I'm just taking regular tylenol as needed. But I'm not really in alot of pain much anymore, so they're not really needed much anymore anyway. What I feel now is mostly discomfort from the incisions. My upper arms are still really tight, especially the right side (the one that swelled really badly) and I can't really put my arms flat against my body. It's kind of awkward to walk around like that, but hopefully with time they will return to normal. they still have the mesh medical tape on them too, which I think makes it harder for me to move them normally. Today (day 9) I went to the doctors. He took the 2nd drain out! YAY! I'm finally FREE! I'm sure I'll still be wearing yoga pants for awhile because anything rubbing up against the incisions hurt, but atleast I can pull my pants up normally without having something in the way. He said he's not in a rush to get rid of the mesh medical tape stuff that is over the scars (boo!!) but if some of it starts to come loose (which it will) then I can cut it off. Otherwise, he said everything looks great and I'm healing good. I have to go see him again on Monday & then he'll be away for a week so I won't have to go back after that for atleast another week or so. My stomach still feels kind of fluffy in the middle like there are pockets of fluid. hopefully those will go away soon. Now that the drains are out, any fluid that's still in there will eventually just get absorbed by my body & flushed out. I feel like such a fatty lately because all I want to do is eat crap. I'm trying really hard to stay on track with my eating... that is critical right now in order for me to not gain too much weight during recovery. But today I want chinese food. I wonder if I'll give in & get it =/

No comments:

Post a Comment