Monday, January 28, 2013

PO Day 7 - Doctors appointment & Pics of my stomach & arms

Day 7 -doctors appointment. I went to the doctors this morning. He took 1 drain out and the other one will probably be able to come out on Wednesday! yay! I'll finally be able to wear pants normally again! I stopped taking the vicodin on Sat night but then I took it 1 time on Sunday but it made me nauseus & dizzy so I stopped taking it again. He gave me a new prescription for pain meds, but he said he's impressed that I've been surviving (even if it was just barely) on regular tylenol all weekend. He said I'm healing & looking great. And then he joked and asked me how much weight I've gained. When I told him (as of this morning it's 8 pounds... atleast it's going down a little)- he said he promises that he took weight off, not put any on. But he said it's pretty normal - between the fluids, the meds, not being active, etc, that it happens to everyone. And lastly he said at this point, I'm probably wondering why I did this and I will continue to feel that way for a few months. He said the scars will look really bad at around 2 months - basically things will get worse before they get better. But in time, I will be happy with the results. I told him about my stomach, how it puffs out & I think it looks awful. he said that it's partially due to some fluid still being in there, but that it's also just the shape of my stomach now... so I guess I have to get used to it. =/ He basically knew what I was feeling/thinking before I even said it. I got my new medicine and I'm feeling much better. Less moody & I'm feeling more optimistic about things. This afternoon I decided to take the binder off my stomach because it's so restrictive & I really wanted to be free of it for a bit. the middle section of my stomach (around my belly button where the tape is) is very jiggly & "fluffy" still, but everything around it is pretty tight. When i took off the binder I noticed that there seemed to be less swelling in the middle area so I didn't look as bad as the first time I saw it. I decided to take some pictures to share.... Hope the ugly drain doesn't gross anyone out


The incision looks like it's black but that is just the glue they used..... but that's what it looks like....
from the side


And pictures of my arm....

No comments:

Post a Comment