Monday, July 1, 2013

Stars & Sparks - My first virtual race!

I recently discovered the world of Virtual Races. What's a virtual race, you ask? Well, I'm glad you did. A virtual race is a 'race' that you do on your own time. You pay the sign up fee (usually between $20-$30) and then you walk or run the distance designated for the race and then you receive a medal in the mail. After the cost of medal & shipping, the 'host' of the virtual race donates the profit to the charity of their choice (usually specified at the time of sign up)

So after drooling over all the pretty medals in the Virtual Race group on Facebook, I decided that the Stars & Sparks 10k would be my first virtual race.... and not only my first virtual race, but my first medal ever!
I ran the 10 distance (6.2 miles) yesterday, June 30th and then my medal arrived today in the mail - how's that for timing!

Here I am showing off my hard earned bling! It's big & sparkly. I love it! And for me, a pace of 11:17 is pretty good, I was pleased with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment