Friday, July 5, 2013

Friday night runs

My mom, who is going to be 50 in August (shhhh, don't tell anyone!) is running the Glass Slipper challenge with me at Disney World in February. She started joining me for runs on Friday nights. It's my short run day, so we do 3 miles. Running with her is awesome - I really enjoy having someone there to run with, it makes the time go by so much faster. She runs a tad slower than me, but she keeps up a very steady pace, which is great. I stick with her and overall it helps me to keep my pace more steady... which is one thing I'm horrible at doing when I'm alone. I tend to start off faster and slow down over time. But her & I tend to run our first mile slower and then increase our speed each mile.
Hopefully she'll be able to join me on some longer runs soon

No comments:

Post a Comment